Hospital Advantage Physician Advantage Patient Advantage Patient Success Stories Program Map Metrics/Stats Case Studies Program Success Stories
"The difference in quality of care with OBHG is night and day. For example, we track missed deliveries very closely (the rate of live births not delivered by a Board Certified physician). These incidents have gone from 5% in 2007 to 1% in 2009 under OBHG."
The Best Care Is Immediate Care.
In almost any emergent care situation, a patient receives evaluation and treatment by a physician in a timely manner. A child with fever and sore throat, an adult with a broken bone, an accident victim; at hospitals across the nation an injured or ill patient arriving at the emergency room is confident there is a physician on-site, ready to deliver immediate care. The one time this may not be the case is when an expectant mother needs emergent care.
OBHG began to address this disparity of care in 2006 by creating an OB/GYN Hospitalist Model that features a dedicated Obstetric Emergency Department. The OBED is staffed with emergent care experienced OB/GYNs on-site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The OBED is there solely for the purpose of providing immediate care to expectant mothers more than 20 weeks pregnant with obstetrical complaints regardless of time, location, complication or circumstance. In the absence of a private physician, OBHG hospitalists provide the following vital, time-sensitive functions:
- Evaluate Labor Progression
- Review Test Results in Order to Evaluate if Rapid Care is Required
- Monitor Fetal Heart Rate and Address Any Issues Immediately
- Observe Evolving Changes in Mother and Unborn Child’s Condition to Ensure a Safe Delivery
- Review Your Personal Medical Records with You, Your Private Physician and Hospital Staff
- Answer Questions You or Your Family Have
- Deliver Your Baby Safely via a Variety of Different Delivery Techniques Depending on the Circumstance and Your Birth Plan
- Communicate with You, Your Personal Physician, Hospital Staff and Family Members
- Review Your Condition with Discharge Planners, Social Workers, Clergy, and Others at Your Request
- Facilitate Treatment with Home Healthcare Providers, Rehabilitators or After Care
- Provide a Full Report to Your Healthcare Providers
You want the best care for you and your baby. And so do we. If your personal physician is detained or unable to provide immediate treatment, Ob Hospitalist Group ensures that you and your unborn baby will be treated by a highly-skilled, experienced OB/GYN physician. Our sole focus is providing quality women's healthcare. This is the OBHG difference. Read personal stories about OBHG hospitalists who made a difference or saved a life.
We invite you to discover more about OBHG and the advantages that our customized programs deliver to our partner hospitals, physicians and patients. An OBHG representative would be happy to answer any questions you have as well. Or schedule a consultation today!
“The second night after OBHG started, a woman came in with an abruption and needed a stat c-section surgery. The OBHG physician got her into surgery within 16 minutes vs. the standard of 30 minutes. This probably averted a disaster and went a long way in confirming our decision with the nurses and local groups.”