The need for balance
As OB/GYNs, you have the privilege of touching so many lives. You have the rare opportunity to usher new life into the world. But what about your life? Your family? Your need for balance?
Ob Hospitalist Group provides a new full or part-time career path for OB/GYNs who want something more – more control over their time, more time with their families, more time to play.
You can help correct a disparity of care by ensuring that all women presenting to the hospital with an OB complaint are evaluated by a highly skilled physician rather than funneled through the conventional nurse-led phone triage. This is possible, all while practicing a stimulating range of clinical care.
Our hospitalists are part of a team of passionate professionals working together with the support of the clinical site director, medical director of operations and director of hospital operations to ensure that the program meets both OBHG’s and the partner hospital’s operational goals.
A day in the life
Our hospitalists will tell you that each day is as varied and unique
as the patients they see. Any given shift may include:
- Caring for all pregnant women who present emergently, regardless of circumstance
- Cultivating relationships with staff nurses and hospital personnel
- Supporting private practice physicians by providing coverage and assistance
- Caring for unassigned patients
- Evaluating and treating triage patients
- Providing consultation to the ED
- Monitoring labor
- Delivering babies
- Performing surgery and surgical assists
- Evaluating and treating postpartum patients
- Assisting with OB residents and medical student education
- Providing nurse support and education
- Participating in emergency drills and simulations
- Developing best practices
- Participating in clinical trials
- Facilitating daily interdisciplinary board rounds to improve patient safety