- OBHG news
- Hospital partner news
- Success stories
- Case studies
- Clinician testimonials
- Events / conferences
- Videos / sound clips
- Blog linking and reprint policy
As part of Healthcare Quality Week, OBHG is focusing on the importance of quality, risk reduction and regulatory compliance in maximizing the quality of care delivered to patients throughout our network of OB hospitalist programs.
"Quality is ensuring that we deliver the best possible care to each and every patient in a timely, reproducible fashion,” said OBHG Chief Medical Director Dr. Mark Simon. “That is why we work so hard to disseminate best practices to our team of clinicians across the country and measure the impact of our care on the communities that we serve."
A focus on risk reduction, quality improvement and regulatory compliance
SAFE is the comprehensive clinical risk management program OBHG uses to manage provider and hospital partner risk. The program takes an enterprise approach to traditional risk management as well as uses national quality trends and outcomes data to identify opportunities for risk mitigation and system improvements.
All of OBHG’s partner hospitals have access to the SAFE platform in conjunction with 24/7 on-site physician coverage.
Key components of OBHG’s SAFE program include:
• A SAFE hotline providing immediate engagement with our clinical risk management team. Through this system, we’ve developed the largest OB hospitalist data set in the industry, used to track trends and identify quality improvement opportunities.
• A patient safety evaluation system which supports our peer review, clinical advisory and patient advocacy committees.
• Continuing education to our clinicians and hospital partners.
• Our unique CARE (Clinician Assistance, Recovery & Encouragement) peer support network.
• Quality data and outcomes efforts. We track and analyze NQF and CMS core quality metrics as part of collaborative efforts to improve patient safety and quality. Our quarterly reports provide trend analyses as well as benchmarks comparisons. We also engage in risk-sharing contracts with partner hospitals for quality metric achievement and alignment.
• Adherence to key regulations impacting healthcare organizations, including federal privacy and security rules, through our compliance program. In addition, we maintain comprehensive insurance coverage for cyber and regulatory risk.
Interested in learning more about our approach to quality? Schedule a consultation today!