- OBHG news
- Hospital partner news
- Success stories
- Case studies
- Clinician testimonials
- Events / conferences
- Videos / sound clips
- Blog linking and reprint policy
Earlier this month, the California Health and Human Service Agency (CHHS) and Smart Care California released their 2017 C-section honor roll, recognizing hospitals that met or surpassed a 23.9 percent C-section birth rate for first-time mothers with low-risk pregnancies. OBHG is proud that 11 of our 18 California hospital partners made the honor roll, and all but one made the list for two consecutive years. The full honor roll lists 111 hospitals, accounting for 45 percent of California's 242 hospitals that offer maternity services.
Here are our partner hospitals that made the C-section honor roll:
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
- Bakersfield Memorial Hospital
- Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
- Dominican Hospital
- El Camino Hospital Los Gatos
- Rancho Springs Medical Center
- Redlands Community Hospital
- Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- St. Bernardine Medical Center
- St. Mary Medical Center
OBHG understands the risks associated with C-section deliveries, and having our hospitalists in-house 24/7 can help increase the level of care while driving down the C-section rate in several ways, including:
- Our hospitalists support local physicians with laboring patients, no matter how long it may take.
- OBHG hospitalists work solely in hospitals; therefore, they have specialized expertise in labor and delivery and high-risk situations.
- Our experienced OB/GYN hospitalists developed a new C-section reduction toolkit to standardize our approach to C-section deliveries across our 130+ hospital programs.