The need for balance
As OB/GYNs, you have the privilege of touching so many lives. You have the rare opportunity to usher new life into the world. But what about your life? Your family? Your need for balance?
Ob Hospitalist Group provides a variety of career opportunities for OB/GYNs who want something more – more control over their time, more time with their families, more time to play.
As an OBHG hospitalist, you can help improve outcomes and reduce maternal mortality. Our programs ensure that every pregnant women who presents to the hospital will be seen by a highly skilled physician.
A day in the life
Our hospitalists will tell you that each day is as varied and unique
as the patients they see. Any given shift may include:
- Caring for all pregnant women who present emergently, regardless of circumstance
- Cultivating relationships with staff nurses and hospital personnel
- Supporting private practice physicians by providing coverage and assistance
- Caring for unassigned patients
- Evaluating and treating triage patients
- Providing consultation to the ED
- Monitoring labor
- Delivering babies
- Performing surgery and surgical assists
- Evaluating and treating postpartum patients
- Assisting with OB residents and medical student education
- Providing nurse support and education
- Participating in emergency drills and simulations
- Developing best practices
- Participating in clinical trials
- Facilitating daily interdisciplinary board rounds to improve patient safety