"Using the Ob Hospitalist Group is one of the best things we have ever done for our OB patients, our staff and our community."
Highly Skilled Physician Needed for Key Leadership Role
Ob Hospitalist Group, the nation's largest dedicated employer of OB hospitalists, is currently seeking an extraordinary OB/GYN leader to fill one of our most prestigious roles - the Site Medical Director for our program in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a full-time, salaried position.
As part of the OBHG clinical leadership team, the Site Medical Director embraces a threefold focus on clinical operations - program operations to ensure quality care is delivered, building and maintaining relationships as part of a spirit of service to others, and financial stewardship to ensure the longevity of the program.
- Focus on dedicated admin time with a part-time clinical workload
- Supervise, mentor, advise, and support team members including advanced nurse practitioners
- Collaborate with hospital leadership to ensure that clinical care is being delivered efficiently
- Complete oversight of the provider team in collaboration with OBHG’s support system
- Encourage and ensure hospitalist participation in overall quality initiatives
- Board-certified OB/GYN physician
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership skills - minimum of five years clinical leadership experience desired
- Able to attend regular meetings at assigned hospital even when not working a clinical shift
The hospital is a tertiary epicenter with Level 3 NICU and a facility the accepts referrals from all northern California counties. The team of physicians is dedicated to giving patients the best care in the state.
The women and infants program handles approximately 7,400 deliveries each year and is one of the largest nonacademic delivery centers in the county.
- A midwife and two physicians are in-house at all times
- CNMs and rounders 24/7
- Opportunity for 12 and 24-hour shifts
- A high performing and multidisciplinary team
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive rates of pay
- Full medical benefits
- Paid medical malpractice insurance with tail
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation assistance
Berkeley California is home to rich arts and culture, museums, outdoor activities and family fun and culinary experience for all which is near Napa Valley and San Francisco.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Senior Clinical Recruiter Jason Tafoya (JTafoya@OBHG.com or 864.908.2723) or Senior Clinical Recruiter Julie Burger (JBurger@OBHG.com or 864.285.9129).